Tampa Community Church of the Nazarene has come a long way from where we began in 1926 when Rev. Warren Brown gathered scattered Nazarenes at what is now Rivercrest Park in the hopes of planting a church in Tampa. They soon were granted access to Robert E. Lee Grammar School to meet weekly and were soon organized as Tampa First Church of the Nazarene.
The first established location was on N. Florida Ave. and this church family gathered there until they purchased property and built a new facility on Himes Ave. just north of Hillsborough Ave. They officially moved into the building in 1971.
Tampa First served the Tampa community faithfully from that location until 2020, when they decided to sell the property on Himes and relocate to the current (though temporary) location on N. Dale Mabry. Property on the north end of Dale Mabry has been purchased for the purpose of building in the future and we are praying for God's direction in this process.
In 2021 the decision was made to change the name of the church from Tampa First Church of the Nazarene to Tampa Community Church of the Nazarene. This was done intentionally out of a desire to be a church that ministers effectively to the Tampa Community.
The story of Tampa Community Church of the Nazarene is still being written and we expect to be used by God in all kinds of exciting ways as we "share the love, hope and peace of Christ to the city of Tampa and beyond." Maybe you'd like to become an active participant in the story God is writing...?